Become a wine connoisseur by learning everything from the major grape varieties to the steps in the fermentation process!
With emerit Wine Server training, you will learn specialized serving techniques, develop extensive knowledge of wine production methods and discover how to make effective wine recommendations that match customer tastes. Your insightfulness and friendly personality will leave guests extremely satisfied, eager to return and ready to refer your establishment to everyone they know.
Training includes the following modules:
- Product Knowledge
- Wine Service
- Inventory Control and Storage
The emerit Wine Server National Occupational Standards:
- Represent the collective expertise of Wine Servers and industry leaders across Canada
- Provide additional resources, including recommended reading and key terms glossary
- Identify the fundamentals of wine service, including evaluating, serving and selling wine
- Contain information regarding wine production in a number of different countries
Ensure your success; measure your skills and knowledge with emerit Wine Server Standards. Once you have the skills, get the Certification to gain the recognition. When you complete the certification process, you will be awarded the Tourism Certified Professional (TCP) designation. To get started, select the most convenient training format from the list below.